Friday, December 25, 2009

Just Getting Started

This is my first time writing on a "blog". It is my intent for this blog to be a place where ideas about politics, philosophy and religion can be shared and considered. As might be suspected, my motivation for creating this blog is to get other people to read and consider and ultimately agree with my viewpoints on these topics. I believe honesty, not only with others but also with ourselves, is vital to our growth and happiness as an individual.

I am a Christian.

I am EXTREMELY conservative.

I do not believe that there is virtue in forced charity, i.e. state run welfare.

I believe in a very limited federal government. (Probably 1/10th the size of current gov't.)

I believe that capitalism is the reason we enjoy the unprecedented prosperity that this country has known for the last 100 years.

I believe and do a lot of other things that i am sure will be covered on this blog in good time. I hope you find the post here to be intellectually stimulating and that you come back often.

Steven Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment